In this episode Brad and Scully discuss the optimal position and size for a video; Google’s decision not to use Google+ as a Facebook rival; the consumer trust crisis in all institutions; how to drive culture within a school; excellent school videos; philanthropy for schools; and the public versus private school debate.
In episode 38, Brad and Scully discuss news of the optimal position and size for a video to gain the most plays. In addition, they talk about the announcement that Google has decided not to use Google+ as a Facebook rival, and the consumer trust crisis in all institutions. While this episode’s commonly asked school marketing question looks at how to drive culture within a school. This week’s school marketing example: videos at Perth College, St Catherine’s School, and other schools. The rants and raves segment looks at philanthropy and the public versus private school debate.
- Increase your play rate: Optimise your video position and size
- Google gives up on Google+ as a Facebook rival
- Consumer trust crisis: Companies excelling in candour substantially outperform the market, with JetBlue leading the way
- Beyond the brand: Culture takes the lead as the primary driver of long-term business relationships, study finds
- Syracuse University Athletics Orange Club
- The unacceptable cost of deception in the war against non-government schools
- Register for webinar: Learn how to effectively use word-of-mouth to market your school
- Subscribe to the SMC podcast
- Australian International School, Singapore
- Cambrian School and College, Bangladesh
- Chevalier School, Philippines
- Edmonton Catholic Schools, Canada
- The Goddard School, United States of America
- The Horizon School, India
- Perth College, Mount Lawley, Western Australia
- Pledge Harbor International School, Bangladesh
- Spring Mount Public School, India
- St Catherine’s School, Waverley, New South Wales
- The TreeHouse, India
Have a question?
Don’t forget that if you’ve got a question for Brad and Scully you can email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous podcast episodes
To read the show notes and listen to all of our podcasts – click here
Subscribe to our podcasts
To subscribe to the SMC podcast in iTunes - click here
This blog was written by Fiona Hood
As Brand Marketect, Fiona is responsible for imageseven’s corporate marketing communications and business systems. When she is not doing that she is exploring the great outdoors.