In this week's podcast Brad and I discussed, amongst other things, how inbound marketing can improve your school's bottom line. It is set to be a $300 billion industry by 2019, so if your school hasn't started, now is the time to do so.
In its sixth consecutive year of double digit growth, content marketing is steadily maturing as a type of marketing that works.
Its rapid movement also means it is changing at an astounding rate. New tools, techniques, best practices are coming along weekly.
The question for your school is how do you harness the power of it for your benefit?
With help from Brian Kearns, guest blogger at DuctTape Marketing, here are our most valued online assets that should help make your inbound marketing life easier:
- Develop specific landing pages for each audience with one goal, or call-to-action.
- Watch the analytics of how your blog content is performing and how your community interacts with your content, changing your content strategy based on those learnings.
- When you connect with people on social media, be social and personalise your response when thanking them for connecting with you.
- Move beyond mobile optimisation and make your process really simple for mobile users.
- All of your content should be focused on the three C's:
- Your own employees engage daily with your parents and prospective parents so get them excited about your brand and how inbound marketing makes the school stronger and smarter from the inside. Not only will you inspire them to do their job better, but they will come to you with content ideas. Get them thinking about what your doing. Internal brand alignment will evitably improve your school's return on investment (ROI) because you will be answering actual, relevant questions that your target audience have asked your team.
- Your headline is the ad for the copy that follows it. So, all headlines have to do the job of informing and enticing the reader into reading the rest of the copy. This applies across the board from blogs to newspapers and even your school's enewsletter.
A simple tool to help you get the right headline is the Co Schedule Headline Analyzer. You just type in your headline, push the 'analyze now' button, it runs through its algrothim gives you a score and some suggestions on how to tweak your headline to get a better score. Make some changes and push the button again until you get the result you are happy with it.
Resources to get your inbound marketing program started
- How to meet the online needs of prospective parents
- How to ensure families keep enrolling at your school
- Read all of our inbound marketing blog posts
This week's podcast:
Speak to an expert:
- Find out from one of our consultants how to get more enrolments - book a free call now
This blog was written by Andrew Sculthorpe
As Business Director, Andrew ensures that imageseven’s clients receive the strategic and practical direction they need working closely with all members of the team. On top of that, his family and his unhealthy addiction to sport keep him on his toes.